Provides support, education and guidance in the deployment and maintenance of computer infrastructure and the diagnosis and resolution of technical problems and issues. May work in a call centre.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below. AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
- determining software and hardware requirements to provide solutions to problems
- responding to inquiries about software and hardware problems
- adapting existing programs to meet users' requirements
- installing and downloading appropriate software
- ensuring efficient use of applications and equipment
- implementing computer networks
- designing and maintaining websites
- repairing and replacing peripheral equipment such as terminals, printers and modems
- may work in a call centre
- ICT Help Desk Officer
- ICT Help Desk Technician
- Systems Support Officer
- Network Support Technician
- Operator Command Support Systems (Army)
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.
2 courses found.
|ICT30120: Certificate III in Information Technology|
DEF50217: Diploma of Enterprise Architecture Practice