This occupation group covers Air Transport Professionals not elsewhere classified. Registration or licensing is required. Occupations include: Aircraft Navigator; Airworthiness Inspector; Balloonist; Flight Engineer Inspector
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification. Aeroplane and Helicopter Pilots require a prescribed minimum amount of flying experience in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- preparing and submitting flight plans giving consideration to factors such as weather conditions and aircraft performance
- flying aircraft in accordance with established air traffic control and aircraft operating procedures
- providing flight information for flight crews and air traffic services staff
- controlling aircraft movements, and directing aircraft taxiing, take-offs and landings by radio
- providing pre-flight briefings and aeronautical information services
- completing cockpit preparations and external inspections to determine that aircraft are acceptable for flight
- monitoring aircraft performance and reporting on mechanical condition
- giving in-flight instruction, supervising solo flights, accompanying students on training flights and demonstrating techniques for controlling aircraft
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.
6 courses found.
AVI40609: Certificate IV in Aviation (Aircrewman)
AVI40608: Certificate IV in Aviation (Aircrewman)
|AVI40219: Certificate IV in Aviation (Aviation Supervision)|
|AVI40120: Certificate IV in Aviation (Aviation Supervision)|
AVI40119: Certificate IV in Aviation (Air Crew Officer)
10758NAT: Certificate III in Aviation Language, Literacy and Numeracy