Processes carcasses of slaughtered livestock and prepares meat and meat products.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below. AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
- processing offal and tripe
- moving carcasses to chillers and freezers
- loading meat products into trucks
- packing boned and sliced meat into cartons
- stunning and shackling poultry for killing and processing
- severing jugular veins of poultry, and removing viscera and residual material from poultry carcasses
- separating organs and glands, such as sweetbreads, livers, hearts and spleens, from poultry carcasses
- inspecting and grading poultry, fish and shellfish for size and quality
- packing fish and counting packs before freezing, and packing frozen fish blocks into cartons
- operating machines which slice, peel, skin and crumb fish
- cleaning and sanitising equipment and work areas
- Offal Separator
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.
5 courses found.