Assists Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students in their education, provides feedback to parents or guardians and teachers about students' progress, and liaises with educational bodies, government agencies and committees.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below. AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
- demonstrating, supervising and participating in activities which enhance the physical, social, emotional and intellectual development of children in schools and preschool centres
- preparing indoor and outdoor areas for learning and recreational activities
- assisting children with intellectual, physical and behavioural difficulties with their academic studies
- assisting children individually to learn social skills
- assisting with preparing teaching aids, and copying and collating written and printed material
- distributing and collecting lesson material
- providing assistance to small groups of Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Maori students
- providing home-school liaison and counselling for Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Maori students and their families
- Aboriginal Education Worker Coordinator
- Aboriginal Home-School Liaison Officer
- Integration Aide
- Kaiawhina Kohanga Reo (Maori Language Nest Assistant)
- Kaiawhina Kura Kaupapa Maori (Maori-medium School Assistant)
- Preschool Aide
- Teachers' Aide
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.
5 courses found.
|10753NAT: Diploma of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education|
|10752NAT: Certificate IV in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education|
|10751NAT: Certificate III in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education|
10183NAT: Diploma of Education
10139NAT: Course in Indigenous Mentoring