Performs therapeutic massage and administers body treatments for relaxation, health, fitness and remedial purposes.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below. AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
- massaging the soft tissues of the body, such as muscles, tendons and ligaments, to assist healing
- utilising a range of massage techniques to enhance sports performance and prevent injury
- administering treatments to promote relaxation, improve circulation and relieve muscle tension
- assessing and treating specific soft tissue dysfunction and providing rehabilitation advice
- employing other techniques, such as acupressure or Shiatsu, and complementary aids, such as infra-red lamps, wet compresses, ice, essential oils and herbal and mineral therapies, to assist recovery
- assessing client's physical condition and case history and advising on stretching exercises and relaxation techniques
- Chinese (Tui-Na) Masseur
- Remedial Masseur
- Shiatsu Therapist
- Sports Medicine Masseur
- Thai Masseur
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.
8 courses found.
HLT52215: Diploma of Shiatsu and Oriental Therapies
HLT52115: Diploma of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) Remedial Massage
HLT52015: Diploma of Remedial Massage
|HLT42015: Certificate IV in Massage Therapy|
HLT26015: Certificate II in Population Health
10998NAT: Certificate IV in Breastfeeding Education
10740NAT: Certificate IV in Women's Advocacy
10739NAT: Certificate III in Women's Advocacy