Prepares surfaces of vehicles, matches and mixes colours and applies paint. Registration or licensing may be required.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below. AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
- removing rough spots on vehicle panels
- sanding surfaces by hand and with power sanders
- masking areas not to be painted with tape and paper
- colour matching and mixing paints to match paint shades, and selecting pre-mixed paint
- applying primer and finishing coats using spray-guns, and sanding surfaces between coats
- touching up paintwork and applying polish to vehicles
- removing masking papers, and waxing and polishing finished paintwork
- painting signs and artwork on vehicles
- treating vehicles with rust-proofing chemicals
- Vehicle Refinisher
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.
2 courses found.
|AUR32420: Certificate III in Automotive Refinishing Technology|
|AUR32416: Certificate III in Automotive Refinishing Technology|