Designs, develops and supervises the manufacture, installation, operation and maintenance of equipment, machines and systems for the generation, distribution, utilisation and control of electric power. Registration or licensing may be required.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- planning and designing power stations and power generation equipment
- determining the type and arrangement of circuits, transformers, circuit-breakers, transmission lines and other equipment
- developing products such as electric motors, components, equipment and appliances
- interpreting specifications, drawings, standards and regulations relating to electric power equipment and use
- organising and managing resources used in the supply of electrical components, machines, appliances and equipment
- establishing delivery and installation schedules for machines, switchgear, cables and fittings
- supervising the operation and maintenance of power stations, transmission and distribution systems and industrial plants
- designing and installing control and signalling equipment for road, rail and air traffic
- may specialise in research in areas such as power generation and transmission systems, transformers, switchgear and electric motors, telemetry and control systems
- Electrical Design Engineer
- Railway Signalling Engineer
- Signalling and Communications Engineer
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.
7 courses found.
UET60221: Advanced Diploma of ESI - Power Systems
UET60219: Advanced Diploma of ESI - Power Systems
UET50221: Diploma of ESI - Power Systems
|UET50219: Diploma of ESI - Power Systems|
22327VIC: Graduate Diploma of Railway Signalling Systems
22326VIC: Graduate Certificate in Railway Signalling Systems
10780NAT: Graduate Diploma of Railway Signalling