This occupation group covers Actors, Dancers and Other Entertainers not elsewhere classified. This occupation group requires high levels of creative talent or personal commitment and interest as well as, or in place of, formal qualifications or experience. Occupations include: Circus Trainer; Disc Jockey (Nightclub); Extra (Film or Television); Motivational Speaker; Public Speaker; Stunt Performer
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. Some occupations in this unit group require high levels of creative talent or personal commitment and interest as well as, or in place of, formal qualifications or experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- reading scripts and undertaking research to gain understanding of parts, themes and characterisations
- learning lines and cues, rehearsing parts, and applying vocal and movement skills to the development of characterisation
- preparing for performances through rehearsals under the instruction and guidance of production directors
- acting parts and portraying roles as developed in rehearsals in film, television, radio and stage productions
- practising dance routines and interpreting the choreographic content of the production
- performing dances for audience entertainment, coordinating body movements and facial expression, usually with musical accompaniment
- composing and notating ballet compositions and other dance routines
- creating and performing individual performance routines
- rehearsing, auditioning and travelling between entertainment venues
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.
11 courses found.
CUA50213: Diploma of Musical Theatre
CUA30213: Certificate III in Community Dance, Theatre and Events
|10607NAT: Advanced Diploma of Performing Arts|
|10606NAT: Diploma of Performing Arts|
10295NAT: Advanced Diploma of Performance
|10293NAT: Certificate IV in Performing Arts|
10292NAT: Certificate II in Applied Performing Arts
|10192NAT: Certificate II in Performing Arts|
10149NAT: Advanced Diploma of Performing Arts
10111NAT: Certificate IV in Circus Arts
10110NAT: Certificate III in Circus Arts