Plans, organises, controls, coordinates and performs farming operations to breed and raise horses for competition, dressage, eventing, showjumping, riding for pleasure and working.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- breeding and raising livestock for the production of honey, meat, milk, skins, eggs and wool
- monitoring and maintaining the health and condition of livestock
- providing pastures and fodder to maintain appropriate nutritional levels
- moving livestock to optimise feeding opportunities
- organising and conducting farming operations such as catching, drenching and milking livestock, sterilising machines, and collecting, grading and packaging produce
- directing and overseeing general farming activities such as maintaining pens, sheds and cages, fertilising, controlling pests and weeds, and growing fodder
- maintaining fences, equipment and water supply systems
- organising the sale, purchase and transportation of livestock and produce
- maintaining and evaluating records of farming activities, monitoring market activity and planning production accordingly
- managing business capital including budgeting, taxation, debt and loan management
- may select, train and supervise staff and contractors
- Horse Stud Manager
- Stud Master/Mistress
- Beef Cattle Farmer
- Dairy Cattle Farmer
- Deer Farmer
- Goat Farmer
- Livestock Farmers Nec
- Mixed Livestock Farmer
- Pig Farmer
- Poultry Farmer
- Sheep Farmer
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.
9 courses found.
RGR50319: Diploma of Horse Stud Management
RGR40619: Certificate IV in Horse Breeding
RGR30619: Certificate III in Horse Breeding
AHC51816: Diploma of Organic Farming
|AHC50116: Diploma of Agriculture|
AHC41616: Certificate IV in Organic Farming
AHC41416: Certificate IV in Seed Production
|AHC40116: Certificate IV in Agriculture|
10717NAT: Diploma of Holistic Management-Sustainable Rural Lands, Business and Communities