This occupation group covers Private Tutors and Teachers not elsewhere classified. Occupations include: Dressmaking Teacher (Private Tuition); Handicrafts Teacher (Private Tuition); Language Tutor (Private Tuition); Maths Tutor (Private Tuition)
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- planning programs of study for individual students and groups
- preparing and presenting material on the theory of the subject area
- instructing and demonstrating practical aspects of the subject area
- assigning problems and exercises relative to students' training needs and talents
- assessing students and offering advice, criticism and encouragement
- revising curricula, course content, course materials and methods of instruction
- preparing students for examinations, performance and assessments
- keeping abreast of developments in the subject area by attending professional conferences, seminars and courses, reading current literature, and talking with colleagues
- may arrange visits and tours to professional exhibitions and performances
- may organise for exhibitions or performances of students' work
- Art Teacher (Private Tuition)
- Dance Teacher (Private Tuition)
- Drama Teacher (Private Tuition)
- Music Teacher (Private Tuition)
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.
One course found.
11026NAT: Diploma of Applied Aboriginal Studies