Plans, organises, directs, controls and coordinates the public relations activities within an organisation.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- directing the development and implementation of sales strategies and setting sales targets in order to maximise an organisation's sales and customer loyalty
- directing the development and implementation of strategies to promote an organisation's goods and services to as many people as possible
- directing the development and implementation of strategies to generate increased consumption of an organisation's goods and services through the creation and reinforcement of 'brand image' or 'brand loyalty'
- directing the development and implementation of strategies to build and maintain an organisation's image and reputation with its customers, investors and the wider public
- Communications Manager
- Corporate Affairs Manager
- Corporate Relations Manager
- PR Manager
- Public Affairs Manager
- Community Relations Manager
- External Relations Manager
- Media Relations Manager
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.
No courses found.