Operates agricultural and horticultural plant to clear and cultivate land, and sow and harvest crops. Registration or licensing may be required.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below. AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
- preparing and positioning plant for operation
- operating tractor-drawn and self-propelled plant to plough land and sow, fertilise, cultivate and harvest crops, and avoid damaging crops
- adjusting speed, height and depth of implements
- operating plant to hold, lift and cut trees
- operating attachments to lift, swing, release and sort trees and logs, and operating auxiliary plant such as chipping machines and log splitting machines
- feeding felled trees into processors to strip limbs and cut into logs and loading logs onto stockpiles and into trucks
- keeping log tallies and writing work reports
- servicing plant and performing minor repairs
- Cotton Picking Machine Operator (Aus)
- Harvester Operator
- Tractor Operator
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.