Advises clients on security requirements, and recommends and designs security specifications. Registration or licensing may be required.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below. AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5). The occupation Security Consultant has a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below. AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3). The occupations Crowd Controller and Private Investigator have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below. AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4).
- patrolling property and checking doors, windows and gates for unauthorised entry
- watching for irregularities such as fire hazards, malfunctions of machines and equipment, lights left on, leaking water pipes and unlocked security doors
- issuing security passes to authorised visitors and giving directions
- monitoring alarms and contacting supervisors, police and fire brigades by radio or phone if security is breached or fire is detected
- picking up and ensuring the safe delivery of cash, payrolls and valuables
- operating coin and currency counting machines, and carrying out cash counting and packaging functions
- maintaining order at venues where there are large gatherings of people
- conducting investigations for clients and preparing evidence for court proceedings
- detecting and investigating theft and other unlawful acts carried out in retail establishments
- advising clients on security requirements and designing security specifications
- Alarm, Security or Surveillance Monitor
- Armoured Car Escort
- Crowd Controller
- Private Investigator
- Retail Loss Prevention Officer
- Security Officer
- Security Officers and Guards Nec
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.
4 courses found.
PSP40316: Certificate IV in Government Security
CPP50619: Diploma of Security Risk Management
CPP41519: Certificate IV in Security Risk Analysis
CPP40719: Certificate IV in Security Management