Provides general household assistance, emotional support, care and companionship for aged or disabled people in their own homes.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below. AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
- accompanying aged and disabled persons during daily activities
- assisting clients with their mobility
- preparing food for clients
- arranging social activities
- performing housekeeping tasks such as vacuuming and cleaning
- assisting in personal hygiene and dressing
- providing companionship, friendship and emotional support
- may do shopping and run errands
- may live in with the person
- Aged or Disabled Care Worker
- Personal Carer
- Personal Care Worker
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.
7 courses found.
|CHC43315: Certificate IV in Mental Health|
|CHC43015: Certificate IV in Ageing Support|
|CHC33021: Certificate III in Individual Support|
52841WA: Certificate II in Introduction to Aged Care
52840WA: Certificate II in Introduction to Disability Care
22469VIC: Course in Introduction to the National Disability Insurance Scheme
11229NAT: Certificate IV in Leadership and Innovation Dementia Services