Repairs, sets and sharpens blades for circular, band and other saws.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below. AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
- assembling parts and subassemblies of precision instruments, locks, timepieces and firearms
- dismantling precision instruments, locks, timepieces and firearms, repairing and replacing defective parts, and reassembling articles using hand and power tools and specially designed machines
- inscribing letters, figures and designs on surfaces of jewellery, trophies and other ornamental items
- installing security systems, changing tumblers in locks, changing locks, cutting keys and opening locks by manipulation
- calibrating precision instruments using standard weights and measures, jigs and fixtures, and hand tools to adjust and align parts and small balancing weights
- making blades for circular, band and other power saws and repairing, setting and sharpening blades for hand and power saws
- testing circuits in electronic timepieces
- may estimate costs and prepare quotes for repairs
- Saw Sharpener
- Precision Instrument Maker and Repairer
- Watch and Clock Maker and Repairer
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.
7 courses found.
|MEM40119: Certificate IV in Engineering|
|MEM40105: Certificate IV in Engineering|
|MEM30219: Certificate III in Engineering - Mechanical Trade|
|MEM30205: Certificate III in Engineering - Mechanical Trade|
|LMT31909: Certificate III in Engineering - TCF Mechanic|
FWP31021: Certificate III in Saw Technology
|FWP31019: Certificate III in Saw Technology|