Advises farmers, agricultural businesses, rural industries and government on the production, processing and distribution of farm products.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- collecting and analysing data and samples of produce, feed, soil and other factors affecting production
- advising Farmers and Farm Managers on techniques for improving the production of crops and livestock, and alternative agricultural options
- advising farmers on issues such as livestock and crop disease, control of pests and weeds, soil improvement, animal husbandry and feeding programs
- studying the environmental factors affecting commercial crop production, pasture growth, animal breeding, and the growth and health of forest trees
- studying the effects of cultivation techniques, soils, insects and plant diseases on animal, crop and forest production
- developing procedures and techniques for solving agricultural problems and improving the efficiency of production
- managing forest resources to maximise their long-term commercial, recreational and environmental benefits for the community
- studying the propagation and culture of forest trees, methods for improving the growth of stock, and the effects of thinning on forest yields
- preparing plans for reafforestation and devising efficient harvesting systems
- investigating, planning and implementing management procedures to cope with the effects of fires, floods, droughts, soil erosion, insect pests and diseases
- Agricultural Adviser
- Agricultural Extension Officer
- Landcare Officer
Source: 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition.
Note: The tasks associated with the occupation are to be used as guidance only. The tasks listing may include tasks associated with the grouping/category to which the occupation belongs.
3 courses found.
AHC60319: Advanced Diploma of Agribusiness Management
22608VIC: Certificate IV in Science
22607VIC: Certificate III in Science